Space Coast Community Partners Page
Fellow Space Coast, Florida businesses—
Hi! I’m Robin— Founder, Chief Storyteller, and Mess Maker of RobinLK Studios.
I’m so excited to finally be ‘home’ again and would love to partner with you and your business while supporting women in our community!
Are you a local Brevard business?
Are you woman-owned/operated/managed?
Do you serve women?
Do you embrace creativity, self-care, diversity, and community?
Would you like to partner with a woman veteran-owned local business serving women through creativity and focused on self-care?
Do you have space in your business for a small creative workshop or retreat?
If you answered Yes, I’d love to talk with you about partnering locally!
Workshops, Retreats, and Community Space
As a home-based studio, I’m so grateful to fellow local businesses who’d like to partner as we provide a comfortable, convenient space to welcome guests looking for a creative outlet.
Since 2018, RobinLK Studios has been hosting creative workshops and retreats for women 15 – 50+. Designed for happy chatter, quiet reflection, a bit of how-to, and self-discovery, we “play” with words + colors through creative personal writing & wordplay alongside approachable mixed-media “art” projects (paint, paper, and glue “therapy” for grown-up gals). Skills are not required.
Sometimes boisterous, other times quiet, we use lots of cool tools, materials, and techniques to:
- spend quality “Me” time connecting with friends, new & old
- take a break from busy lives— as moms, grandmoms, business owners, and caregivers
- rediscover our creative side (we all had one once!)
- just. have. fun. (because who doesn’t need that?!)
I rediscovered my kid-like creative side in my late 40s when mixed-media art found me. Now I’m creating “spaces and resources” for other women to let ‘creativity find them,’ too!
As a mobile business owner & community partner, I —
carry business insurance for on-site events
bring the supplies and tools, ensure set-up and clean-up happens efficiently and thoroughly, and promote events and their locations (your biz) on my website and Instagram business account
am an advocate for B2B small business collaboration and appreciate the opportunity to connect with you!
In-person Creative Workshops
- two-hour events for grown-up gals
- few times per year
- limited seating: max 10 women per event
- NOTE: Event set-up and breakdown each need 10 – 30 minutes, depending on the event
- 1 to 3 days
- once-twice per year
- same space needs as workshops with multi-day availability
- NOTE: I’m currently looking for a venue for a 2-day mid-week writing retreat near the beach in early October 2022
Things we need in your location:
- space for up to 10 guests to work comfortably (will limit workshop size in smaller venues)
- tables + chairs
RobinLK Studios is a woman-veteran-owned small & thriving business.
~ Robin Le Roy-Kyle
Think we might be a good fit or know a business that might be interested in partnering?
I’d love to chat about a workshop or retreat at your location or would appreciate a referral/introduction to the company you have in mind.
Please use the form below to drop me a note with the details, including your business name. If we’re connected on Instagram, feel free to DM me. I check e-mail and DM messages twice a day— early morning and early evening.
90% of my business happens in my studio and online:
Through the studios, I:
- make and sell original art, creative journals, and curated journaling/writing supplies in my Etsy shop
- build & teach workshops, mini-courses, and coaching programs for women including Mapping Past Maybe™ —
- coach women who are exploring and navigating change + growth
- coach new & aspiring business owners
- host online book groups, masterclasses, and masterminds
- write under my own name and as a ghostwriter for clients, product and service reviews
- write a “somewhat” weekly e-mail/newsletter
- host online Wednesday Writing Groups for women (5 AM and 8 AM)
- provide writing/editing and social media services for small businesses
- and… whatever else comes my way (It’s busy ’round here!)
Instagram users— a quick search of these hashtags will show you what I’m working on:
Want to know more?
About Robin, the Studios, and how “I landed back home” (It’s been a curvy path!) 🙂
1997 – 2005: Brevard homeowner and teacher— I was a Merritt Island resident and Space Coast Jr/Sr High teacher. But then a met a guy who worked for Disney at the time, and the rest is, as they say… history! I moved (very sadly!) to the Orlando area. My family also lives in Brevard, so we visited often, me always sad as we crossed the bridges back inland— wanting to move back ‘home.’
2015: During a difficult life event, mixed-media art ‘discovered me.’ Within months, a family member (a longtime business owner who recognized my passion) asked if art would be a hobby or a business. I established RobinLK Studios and continued teaching & coaching in Orange County Public Schools while learning about running a side business.
2018 – Jan 2020: In early 2018, I added art parties/workshops for women to my business, by request. Partnering with community businesses in northwest Orange County gave guests space to create and enjoy time with gal pas. I sold art in Mount Dora until our artist co-op closed and in 2019, opened my Etsy shop—a thriving endeavor! In January 2020, I hosted (what turned out to be) my last in-person art “playshop” for a group of mixed-media artists in Orange County. Little did we know COVID was about to change things! Hosting Zoom workshops and “playshops” became the norm.
2020 – 2021: I retired early from public education during COVID challenges. No longer location-dependent, we knew we wanted to live at the coast. Since October 2020, we’ve been happy Merritt Island homeowners! And… I’m thrilled to be a thriving Brevard County small biz owner!
February 2022: I was invited to guide a group of Brevard women through a creative activity at Hello Again Books in Cocoa Village. What a great time meeting the businesswomen of our community and sharing how a few minutes of fun wordplay can spark creativity, welcome an inward focus away from outside distractions (if only for a few minutes!), and make connections with friends, new and old.