Navigating Big Life Changes is Complicated
- Are you mid-career and ready for a change? (Get. Me. Outta. Here!)
- Are you nearing retirement or want to retire early to start a new venture, but aren’t sure how? (Now what? How?)
- Do you want to do something different, but you’re not sure what or how… (I’m confused.)
- Are you feeling “stuck in neutral” or in first gear? (Why can’t I get out of my own way?! How do I move faster?)
Having the confidence to move forward
Creating a personalized plan that fits your life and addresses your fears
Learning from someone who’s struggled through self-doubt, did the work, took the leap, and is thriving
Overcoming fear to get past ‘Maybe’ can feel impossible
Feeling stuck makes every day feel like a struggle. Right? Until being stuck is no longer acceptable. You wake up one day and think, “Today is the day. I’m tired of this! I’m going to make changes.”
Then reality returns. Stuck again. Another day goes by…
Before you know it, years go by.
This happened to me, too, friend. Eight years. Until stuck was no longer an option.
In January 20I9, I thought to myself, “I’ve taught others how to create life plans for 15+ years. Why can’t I figure out my own?” I journaled— What do I want? When do I want it? How the heck will I get there? There were a few things in my way, particularly debt— a HUGE obstacle back then. But doing nothing was no longer acceptable to me. I realized I had to start with my Why.
A flexible timeline is key to getting past ‘Maybe’
In 2019, exploring, discovering, learning, trying, failing, succeeding, and pivoting became my daily game plan — on top of my “9 – 5” Mon – Fri. I studied 4:00 – 5:30 a.m. Shower. Commute. Work 7:30 – 3:30. Commute. Repeat 4:00 – 5:30 p.m. It was a fluid plan with 2027 as my goal. But then a pandemic changed our lives. Was this karma? My timeline shrunk by six years.
Realizing the opportunity, I made my “strategic leap” in June 2021, retiring early from a 27-year teaching career and moving my ‘side hustle’ to center stage. My dream of becoming a full-time business owner became a reality.
Imagine mapping past your ‘Maybe’ toward the things you’d like to do or must do. Stop living in other people’s ‘shoulds’ for you.
Stop imagining. Start doing.
The Mapping Past Maybe 6-Step Strategic Life Plan© is a customizable plan designed from 1000+ hours of my own learning, trying, and figuring things out.
I teach you how to develop your own plan that meets you where you are and guides you forward strategically.
Think growth mindset, strategy development, skill development, creativity, accountability, time management… these are a few of the things.
My goal? Help you overcome doubt, make fear and frustration work for you, and reach the goals and dreams keeping you awake at night.
It’s my mission to help you move forward with the support you’ve needed but didn’t know where to find.
There were lots of takeaways from our first cohort in late 2021. Truth? An effective educator gathers the takeaways and the feedback, assesses it, and continues redesigning to make learning more approachable. The biggest takeway in 2021? Time. While we may start MPM© wanting to make a big change fast, each woman is at a different place in her journey. Some are ready to be fully present while others are not.Robin
When I launched the first MPM© cohort in October 2021, I quickly realized commitment to personal growth will vary depending on participants’ current life responsibilities and frame of mind. (It did for me, too!) Of the participants in the first cohort, all but one completed the course in her own way, meeting or exceeding goals. One never logged in. She’s still struggling with feeling stuck.
Is Mapping Past Maybe© right for me?
MPM is right for you if:
- You’re ready to understand how fear impacts change in your life
- You’re ready to explore how and when to reach your goal(s)
- You’re ready to do the work
- You understand that timelines are unique— yours might be 10 weeks or 10 years, but knowing WHAT you’re working toward & HOW to get there is key.
Mapping Past Maybe is not right for you if:
- You’re not ready to own the fears holding you back
- You’re not ready to make a time commitment
- You’re not ready to move past excuses and hold yourself accountable
- You’re not ready to do the work (The process is exciting, illuminating, rewarding, challenging, and sometimes exhausting)